- Anantapur plans to install 3 mega solar parks
Three mega solar parks are planned to be set up in three manuals namely Mudigubba, Tadipatri, and Obuladevacheruvu. With 1 MW solar power park under construction, the district collector has claimed that they are actively seeking to identify potential non-agricultural land to set up solar power parks that could generate a total of 9 MW of solar electricity.
The project is estimated to cost approximately Rs. 50,000 crore and an estimated 58,328 acres of land will be required to shape this project. The breakdown of the projects is
- 9,559 acre in Mudigubbafor 1,911 MW solar power plant.
- 2,589 acre in Tadipatri for 518 MW solar power plant.
- 46,180 acre among 13 villages in Nallamada Mandal for 5,000 MW solar power plants.
- 9236 MW power will be produced by private players among three special economic zones.
Till now, 2000 acre non-agricultural land has been identified in Chilamattur, Lepakshi, and Penukondamandals.